The Future of Accounting and Finance research theme seeks to research and accelerate the adoption of digital business and key enabling technologies within financial services and professional accounting practice. We aim to be at the cutting edge of the interface between accounting and finance and technology and the evolution of FinTech and related technologies. The Future of Accounting and Finance research theme is structured around some critical areas of interest, including crowdfunding and peer-to-peer lending, the token based economy, open banking, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, machine learning and artificial intelligence, accounting information systems, and technology applied for insurance (InsurTech) and regulation (RegTech). Cybersecurity, and the impact of cybersecurity breaches on corporations and markets, is also a focus area. Underscoring the commitment of dotLAB to academic quality and impact, our priority is to deliver new insights into established accounting and finance theories and knowledge, while also challenging these same established theories through investigating potential paradigm shifts brought about by modern technology based financial innovation.
- Lynn, T., Mooney, J., Rosati, P., Cummins, M. (2019) ‘Disrupting Finance – Fintech and Strategy in the 21st Century.’ London: Palgrave.
- Rosati, P., Cuk, T. (2019) ‘Blockchain beyond Cryptocurrencies’ In: Disrupting Finance – Fintech and Strategy in the 21st Century. London: Palgrave.
- Cummins, M., Lynn, T., Mac An Bhaird, C., Rosati, P. (2019) ‘Addressing Information Asymmetries in Online Peer-to-Peer Lending’ In: Disrupting Finance – Fintech and Strategy in the 21st Century. London: Palgrave.
- Rosati P., Gogolin, F., and Lynn T. (2019) ‘Audit Firm Assessments of Cyber-security Risk: Evidence from Audit Fees and SEC Comment Letters’. International Journal of Accounting, 54 (3)
- Rosati, P., Deeney, P., Cummins, M., Van der Werff, L., Lynn,T. (2019) ‘Social Media and Stock Price Reaction to Data Breach Announcements: Evidence from US Listed Companies’. Research in International Business and Finance, 47 :458-469.
- Rosati, P., Paulsson,V. (2018) ‘Development of Accounting Information Systems over time’ In: Routledge Companion to Accounting Information Systems. Routledge.
- Rosati, P., Cummins, M., Deeney, P., Gogolin, F., van der Werff, L., Lynn, T (2017) ‘The effect of data breach announcements beyond the stock price: Empirical evidence on market activity’. International Review of Financial Analysis, 49 :146-154 .